Teaming Up With Campaign Group, A Plastic Planet – a grassroots campaign group campaigning for A Plastic Free Aisle in supermarkets across Britain and Ireland. Together we are stronger talking with one voice.
VirtueBrush Founder Dylan Regan recently started a petition in Ireland recommending major supermarkets introduce a plastic-free aisle in every store.
Dylan would like to thank the 3,500 or so people who signed this petition and took part in the survey, which captured a glimpse of the passion for solving the plastic pollution problem.
Dylan is now teaming up with campaign group A Plastic Planet, a grassroots campaign group campaigning for A Plastic Free Aisle in supermarkets across Britain and Ireland. Together we are stronger talking with one voice.
Please sign their campaign here
On Saturday April 15 A Plastic Planet are launching a viral video campaign aimed at getting ONE MILLION PEOPLE to film themselves demanding Plastic Free Aisle.
Media including Sky News are covering the story on Saturday.
The videos are all being shown at www.aplasticplanet.com
Please help this campaign get to ONE MILLION PEOPLE by following the below instructions given by the Plastic Planet Team.
Seven steps to achieving this important goal:
- Ignore the inner ego telling you, you will do this after you have put on make-up/got your haircut/put on an ironed shirt/had Botox injections. You are beautiful because of what you believe, what you are doing and who you are.
- Stand/sit or lie in front of something that shows where you are or who you are: your white van/ your bed/your pub/your granny/your Parliament/ your tube train/ your pet llama (Anything except a white wall!).
- Take out your phone and set it to video selfie. Look into the camera and not at the screen. (We know it’s hard not to look at such a beautiful planet saving warrior!)
say these words:
“My name is [first name only].
I am a plastic addict but I’m ready for change.
I want a Plastic Free Aisle.”
- Send the clip to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject bar
- Nominate three friends to make the #PlasticAddict confession by sharing our instructions with them on Facebook which will be at www.facebook.com/weareplasticaddicts on April 15
- Sign the “We want a Plastic Free Aisle in our supermarkets” petition
- Follow and promote this important campaign on social media:
Crack open the champagne/beer/cup of tea/kale smoothie and take the rest of the day off.
You have just made the world a better place.